For someone who puts on makeup on a regular basis, the number 1 step in my beauty routine is to remove all traces of makeup on my skin. But do you know that some sunblock, especially those with high SPF, do not completely wash off with your usual facial cleanser? Makeup removal is not just for days with makeup. Just as we should apply sunblock daily, we should also ensure that we remove them properly before bed too. With a daily routine that can potentially stress and irritate my skin, an effective yet gentle makeup remover is extremely important for me!
Introducing Bifesta’s new and improved Micellar Cleansing Lotion that’s 12X stronger on makeup and gentler on delicate skin!
I was already a big fan of Bifesta’s makeup remover wipes so when I received a set of their revamped cult-favourite Micellar Lotion, I began using them immediately. The number 1 water-based makeup remover brand in Japan, Bifesta’s new refined Micellar technology uses micelles of the smallest size, thus lesser wipes, time and force is needed to remove all makeup impurities. It is also 5-free, namely free from fragrance, colorant, oil, alcohol and paraben. The product is created with a non-irritanting formula so ladies with sensitive skin like myself can rejoice!
The new generation Micellar Cleansing Lotion also has enhanced cleansing capabilities to remove dead skin cells, improving skin texture and clarity over time. Most importantly for me, the products are 100% oil-free thus there is no greasy after feel and does not clog my pores.
Some quick tips on how I like to use my Bifesta Micellar Cleansing Lotion 🙂
- Cleanse and prep skin for rinse-off masks without having to make multiple trips to the sink
- Poke a clean cotton swab up the nozzle to pick up a teeny bit of lotion and correct makeup in tiny areas
- Remove sunscreen on the body especially after daytime workouts. We need to take care of our bodies too!
- It does not remove waterproof mascara entirely so when the need calls, you can use their eye and lip makeup remover first before wiping down with the Micellar Cleansing Lotion.
- In all true honesty, there are times when I simply concuss on the bed after a long day. So I always have a bottle of Bifesta Micellar Cleansing Lotion right next to my bed for that last one minute of eyelid battle to make sure my skin is at least gunk-free before I snooze.
As though all the makeup removal power and skin loving benefits aren’t enough, Bifesta is the only brand with the largest range for all skin-types and concerns. Choose from 5 variants – Moist, Sebum, Bright Up, Enrich and Acne care to suit your skin needs!
For me, I use the Acne care variant for my acne-prone skin. It has triple acne care ingredients with antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, fighting acne while cleansing my skin at the same time. I soak my cotton pad with 2 to 3 pumps of the lotion for my eyes and lips. The second cotton pad for removing my foundation and the third cotton pad for a final wipe to ensure that my skin is cleansed and free from any makeup residue. Unlike some makeup-removal products, Bifesta’s Micellar Cleansing Lotion does not cause any redness or stinging sensation on my skin. The ingredients float and envelop sebum, makeup and dead skin cells, smoothly removing them with no tugging and rubbing! Strong but gentle indeed! Need a demonstration? Watch my video below!
For the rest of the 4 variants, here are the differences 🙂
Moist – Contains Hyaluronic acid and Amino Acid to plump skin with moisture and keep skin supple. Best for dry and combination skin types.
Sebum – Contains Green Tea extract to tighten pores and control sebum for oil-free smooth skin. Best for oily and combination skin types.
BrightUp – Contains Vitamin C and AHA lactic acid to slough off dead skin cells for clearer and brighter skin. Reduces blackhead over time.
Enrich – Contains Coenzyme Q10 and Ceramide for improving skin elasticity and radiance. Best for anti-aging and firmer skin.
The Bifesta Micellar Cleansing Lotion retails at $16.90 to $18.90 for 300ml at all major drugstores, supermarkets and department stores.
Have you found one that you’ll like to try? ;P I’ll be giving away one full set of Micellar Cleansing lotion for this! To take part in this giveaway, follow the steps below!
- Follow @bifestasg and @qiyunz on Instagram
- Like, comment and tag 2 friends on the giveaway post on Instagram. You may comment multiple times without repeating the same tags. (Click here to jump to the post!)
- Leave a comment here and tell me why you want to win this set! Don’t forget to sign off with your Instagram username!
This contest is open to local readers only. Make sure to complete all 3 steps to qualify. Ends 31th Dec! Good luck!